The operations of the international programs at Kansai Gaidai are well-centralized and the Center for international Education is at the core of all these programs.
ITS MAJOR FUNCTIONS ARE:
- Negotiating and finalizing agreements with overseas educational institutions
- Maintaining inter-institutional agreements
- Hiring teaching staff from overseas for the Asian Studies Program and the Intensive English Study Program
- Designing and supervising Asian Studies Program courses and activities
- Designing and supervising the Japanese Language Program
- Attending international conferences such as NAFSA, EAIE, ISEP
FOR IN-BOUND STUDENTS:
- Maintaining homestay program
- Operating international student dormitories
- Designing and offering an orientation program for international students
- Organizing student activities such as the Speaking Partner Program, Experience Japan Program, Home Visit Program, etc.
- Serving as a problem resolution resource for international students
FOR OUT-BOUND STUDENTS:
- Promoting university-sponsored study abroad programs
- Selecting and prepare long-term study abroad program participants
- Designing and offering pre-departure orientation programs
- Assisting and facilitating participation in short-term study abroad programs
The following are the full-time administrative staff members who are, exclusively, responsible for the operation of various international programs. All the staff members have study abroad experience, making it possible to provide necessary advice and assistance for both in-bound and out-bound students.
- Misako Hashimoto, B.A.
- Kumi Hatano, M.A.
- Reiko Hiromoto, B.A.
- Erumi Honda, M.A.
- Junko Iwai, B.A.
- Daisuke Mushiga, B.A.
- Naoko Nakawa, B.A.
- Kayoko Ochi, M.A.
- Ayumi Okuma, B.A.
- Yuka Sakamoto, M.A.
- Go Suzuki, B.A.
- Masayuki Taniguchi, B.A.
- Norihito Taniguchi, J.D.
- Tomoko Terao, B.A.
- Yuko Ueda, B.A.