Cancellation of Classes Due to Severe Weather Conditions and Keihan Train Strikes
Whenever one of the following severe weather condition warnings is issued for the respective areas, class schedules will be adjusted as described below:
- Storm Emergency Warning (Bofu Tokubetsu Keiho/暴風特別警報) for Osaka Prefecture
- Severe Storm Warning (Bofu Keiho/暴風警報) for Osaka Prefecture
- Heavy Rain Emergency Warning (Oame Tokubetsu Keiho/大雨特別警報) for Hirakata City
- Heavy Rain Warning (Oame Kozui Keiho/大雨洪水警報) and Heavy Snow Warning(Oyuki Keiho/大雪警報) will not apply.
- If the warning has been cancelled before 7:00 a.m., all classes will be held from the first period as usual.
- If the warning has been cancelled by 11:00 a.m., classes will be held beginning from 1:15 p.m.
- If the warning is still in effect at 11:00 a.m., classes will be cancelled for the remainder of the day.
The above regulations will also apply in the case of Keihan TRAIN strikes. Classes will not be cancelled in the case of Keihan bus strikes.
Japan Metrological Agency's weather warnings/advisories in Osaka area:
http://www.jma.go.jp/en/warn/331_table.html (English Available)