The complex and integrated nature of the many opportunities and challenges facing the world today requires a more integrated response from individuals with diverse experiences and values. The College of Global Engagement aims to nurture such individuals who are equipped with competencies and communication skills to work effectively in a multi-cultural setting so as to make positive contributions to global society.
Message from the Academic Dean
Professor Linda Bohaker
M.A., Washington University (East Asian Studies); MALD, The Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy, Tufts University (International Business, International Trade and Commerce, Japanese Business and Society)
- Degree: B.A. in Global Engagement
- Admission Quota: 30 international transfer students and 70 local students.
- Multi-disciplinary studies with a focus on Asian/Japanese studies
- All courses taught in English
- Applications accepted from students who have completed the graduation requirements or at least 62 credits at an accredited community college (or its equivalent)
Who is the best fit for the Program?
Those individuals who want to:
- develop a deep understanding of Japanese language, culture, and society through an intensive, immersive experience.
- acquire breadth and depth of knowledge about Asia from a multi-disciplinary perspective.
- enhance transferable skills in multi-cultural settings.
- pursue a future career focused on Japan and Asia (business sector, NGOs, international organizations, educational sector, and community service)
Competencies and skills to be acquired are:
- in-depth knowledge and understanding about Japan and Asia.
- an ability to take effective action regarding global issues.
- competencies in creative planning and project management.
- leadership/management skills in multi-cultural teams.